Romjul - A Seasonal On Demand Bundle Romjul (Norwegian) is the period between Christmas and…
Self-compassion is when we offer kindness to ourselves in the midst of suffering or difficulty. It involves being motivated to both recognize and tend to the hurts within us. It also asks us to feel into our shared humanity – to acknowledge the humanness of feeling difficult emotions in the midst of difficult situations.
Below you’ll find resources to learn more about and practice self-compassion. If you’d like help finding the the right resource for you, just drop me a line here.
- Kristin Neff – http://self-compassion.org
- Christopher Germer – http://www.mindfulselfcompassion.org
- Sharon Salzberg – http://www.sharonsalzberg.com/meditations/
- Kristin Neff TEDTalk on Self-Esteem and Self-Compassion
- Kelly McGonigal on Why Self-Compassion Matters and How to Develop
- Guided Metta Meditation by Sharon Salzberg
- Angeles Arrien on Gratitude as a Practice
Self-Compassion:The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff
Make Peace with Your Mind by Mark Coleman
Meditations on Intention and Being by Rolf Gates
The Kindness Handbook by Sharon Salzberg
Loving Kindness by Sharon Salzberg
Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life by Marshall B Rosenberg
Living in Gratitude by Angeles Arrien
You must be logged in to post a comment.