What is Mindfulness-Based Coaching?
I help people and organizations bring full expression to their creative potential, while also supporting them to skillfully meet life with care.
Rooted in Buddhist principles, mindfulness-based coaching recognizes our innate capacities for compassionate wisdom, as well as the interconnected nature of life. A mindful alignment of your purpose, values and presence becomes the basis for energizing and guiding transformational change.
PURPOSE Honor your purpose by expressing your mission and passions in the world.
VALUES Live your values by actively demonstrating what most matters to you.
PRESENCE Embody presence by nurturing compassionate awareness, from the inside out.
“Drawing from 20+ years of studies in the Vipassana tradition of Buddhism (a.k.a. Insight Meditation), my aim is to honor each client’s unique ways of contributing to the world, and to support them in kindly releasing habits and thought patterns that hinder those capacities.” – Ashley Dahl, MSW, CMT-P
Mindfulness Mentoring Packages
I offer one-on-one guidance in both mindfulness meditation and nature meditation. Whether you’re just beginning to explore meditation, deepening your practice, or wanting to apply mindfulness in more areas of life, mentoring can be a wonderful support.
These packages are for people who would like to:
- Grow a sustainable meditation or nature practice
- More deeply connect with and be resourced by the natural world
- Refresh (or resurrect) a practice
- Boost emotional & physical resiliency
- Reduce distractibility, strengthen concentration
- Apply mindfulness to challenging situations & relationships
- Embody mindfulness in more facets of life
- Nurture a kinder relationship, and inner dialogue, with oneself
- Reduce stress & effectively regulate emotions
- Weave principles of non-violent communication into difficult conversations
- Support a medical or therapeutic treatment plan with complimentary practices
Health and Wellness Professionals
Designed for therapists, yoga professionals and other wellness providers seeking to:
- Integrate mindfulness meditation into self-care routines
- Turn to the natural world to calm, replenish and feel joy
- Mitigate compassion fatigue
- Integrate non-violent communication principles into client and colleague communication
- Partner with clients from a compassionate & embodied presence
- Learn simple mindfulness and meditation techniques that can be weaved into work with individuals and groups
- Respond to professional challenges, rather than react
- Apply mindfulness to business and professional ethics
These packages help professionals:
- Grow a personal meditation and/or nature practice
- Deepen one’s natural wisdom and capacity for perspective
- Lead from an embodied, compassionate & powerful presence
- Reduce distractibility, strengthen concentration
- Lower stress & effectively regulate emotions
- Release unhelpful habits & conditioning
- Foster steadiness of mind, increasing capacity to respond rather than react
- Cultivate healthy boundaries & work-life balance
- Effectively communicate with compassion & skillfulness
- Integrate principles of non-violent communication into the workplace
- Learn work-friendly mindfulness techniques
- Apply mindfulness to challenging situations, relationships & professional ethics
Mentoring can be held in-person in Portland and by phone or video chat anywhere. Single (twenty and fifty-minute) consultations also available. All packages for individuals, and health professionals who serve underserved populations, are available on a sliding scale. Contact Ashley to schedule or learn more.
Heart at Work
Good for business, people & communities.
Based on current trends, Americans on average will spend more than 90,000 hours of their lives working. As many people and employers increasingly appreciate, that is too many hours to take for granted. Mindfulness can help. Heart at Work is a special program bringing mindfulness to businesses, workspaces and leadership teams.
There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.
Ashley has an uncanny ability to not only understand an organization’s mission and identity, but to glean even its more subtle, unspoken sensibilities. In her work with Northwest Film Forum, she was instrumental in creating public experiences that truly exemplify its spirit. I’ve never worked with anyone who made the process and end result so natural and effortless.
Practical, Wise & Calming
I always look forward to Tuesday meditations with Ashley. In my business, which is sometimes around-the-clock busy, she’s taught me how to find balance no matter where I am. Her guided meditation sessions are very practical, wise, and calming. I find I can use much of what she teaches us each week in my daily life. The world is a happier and more peaceful place because of Ashley’s soothing presence and constant encouragement to find the breath.
I was almost ready to give-up on my business when I had an inspiring conversation with Ashley. After talking with Ashley the first time, I came away with a new sense of hope and possibility. From our ongoing work together I was able to gain more confidence in myself, grow my business and make enormous changes in both my personal and professional life. She is non-judgmental, holds a calm equanimity around the joys and challenges of making change, and is very perceptive. She helped me identify and clarify what I wanted and together we came up with a concrete path to get there. Working with Ashley was one of the most empowering things I did for my life this year.
Though I’m new to meditation, I felt immediately comfortable joining the mindfulness group led by Ashley Dahl. I learned to let the world and the pressures of work slip away as I focused on my breath. Our weekly sessions helped me to relax and to gain perspective on my life. I highly recommend meditating with Ashley!
Support, Know-How & Kindness
Ashley helped me make a seemingly overwhelming task doable. Her inquiries allowed me to come up with my own answers. As an entrepreneur who worked alone, it was incredibly comforting to have Ashley on my side – to hold me accountable and be a sounding board, to provide guidance and help me stay focused. I didn’t feel alone as I navigated tricky territory, practically or emotionally. Ashley encouraged me to think broadly about work/life balance and take steps to create “a whole life I’m in love with.” I am so grateful to have had her in my corner with abundant support, practical know-how and kindness.
In her presence alone, Ashley is able to hold a peaceful space conducive for people to explore and experience meditation. This capacity of hers to be present with students, combined with her knowledge of meditation and mindfulness, reflects her passion and dedication. Having a teacher like her has been an enlightening experience.
Ashley has the uncanny ability to help me bring focus and direction in the face of my swirling, sometimes chaotically energetic life. Each time I work with her I feel as though I have a serious leg-up on my path. She is funny, smart, compassionate and kind, with a razor-sharp mind.
Stillness & Vibrancy
Ashley is one of the most compassionate and principled individuals I’ve worked with. She makes mindfulness and meditation accessible and welcoming, regardless of one’s previous experience. Her passion and presence bring stillness and vibrancy to any room. Her openness and non-judgmental attitude are as refreshing as they are contagious. I consider Ashley a personal spiritual mentor; an incredibly skillful teacher and grounded muse in a world threatened by constant noise and distraction.
Founder Ashley Dahl, MSW, CMT-P
A champion of compassionate self-awareness, Ashley possesses a keen ability to infuse mindfulness into daily life and relationships. She brings humor and a presence of calm thoughtfulness as she blends the teachings of wisdom traditions and science with modern culture. Ashley earned her Masters in Social Work from the University of Washington.She has been practicing meditation in the vipassana (insight) tradition for over 20 years. Ashley is an accredited Mindfulness Teacher through the Mindfulness Training Institute and certified through International Mindfulness Teachers Association. She also completed a year-long apprenticeship Teacher Training with Mark Coleman focused on bringing contemplative practices into nature and the wilderness.