Live, On-Line Classes: Details and Registration
While communities are being asked to observe physical distancing, the classes below will be held by donation, live and on-line through Zoom. If you’re not familiar with Zoom, it’s a platform that allows everyone to be in the same virtual room at the same time. It is highly interactive: individuals can also self-select not to engage video, and it allows all participants to speak audibly or through text. More on Zoom below.
By Donation Suggested sliding scale for payments are listed with the classes. Please note: If social distancing has interrupted your income and/or you are ill you are encouraged not to pay and to be more deeply supported by community. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. We recognize that we’re in this together, and all here to support one another.
Payment Options There are two options for making a donation:
- Venmo (preferred) via @Ashley-Dahl-8; OR
- PayPal via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Class
- Under each class below you’ll find a Zoom link to join at the start of class time. (You are welcome to join class a few minutes early to get familiar with the platform and say hello to folks.)
- Further below you’ll find payment options for donations. Please be sure to indicate date and class name along with your donation.
- Full class descriptions can be found HERE.
Meditation Mondays / Mondays, 7-8:15ish pm PST / Suggested sliding scale $10 – $12 – $15
- Join this class using the following link: https://zoom.us/j/848023388
Midday Mindfulness / Tuesdays, 12:00 – 12:30pm PST / These classes are always offered free of charge. Any donation made will go towards supporting people with limited financial means to take part in other classes.
- Join this class using the following link: https://zoom.us/j/289456735
Yoga Nidra Boost / Fridays, 5-5:30pm PST / Suggested sliding scale $5 – $8 – $1o
- Join this class using the following link: https://zoom.us/j/513439539
(My regular Yoga Nidra class is being held on-line through unfold. Register here. Please note, you must register for these at least 1-hour in advance. If your income has been interrupted and you would like to attend this class let me know dates and I will get you comped.)
Head HERE for recommended Yoga Nidra props and set-up.
- Zoom can be accessed by phone, tablet or computer with a stable internet connection (with or without video.) It’s best used with Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- You should be able to access the class using the class link I’ll provide you even without a Zoom account. However, if you run into issues you may want to download the free Zoom Client for Meetings app on your device of choice, ahead of time (choose the Basic account for no charge.)
- While simple to navigate, if new to Zoom it may be helpful to join the class a few minutes early to give yourself extra time to get set up and become familiar with the Zoom window.
- Once you have joined the class there are a couple of different views you can use to see others in the group: a banner of participants across the top with whomever is speaking in the center or a gallery view of everyone in attendance (see the upper right corner of the Zoom window.) Each individual can self-select whether to be visible to others or just have their name by selecting or un-selecting the video component.
- There is also an option for typing in greetings and questions. See window footer for the chat option.
- Once class begins you will be asked to mute your audio (can be done by clicking the microphone icon in the lower left hand of the Zoom window.)