Discover how mindfulness supports the development of insight and a wise, caring response to life. This six-week introductory series will explore the foundational practices and principles of mindfulness meditation. In looking at historical and cultural contexts, neuroscience and a variety of meditation practices, you’ll gain an understanding of what mindfulness is and practical strategies for applying it within daily activities.
More specifically, you will learn:
- Meditation practices that support awareness of breath, body, feelings and thoughts.
- Techniques for releasing unhelpful thought patterns, reducing reactivity and becoming more responsive.
- Skillful ways to work with a range of emotions and support resiliency.
- Formal and informal methods for integrating mindfulness into daily life and relationships.
- Simple practices to cultivate a compassionate attitude towards oneself and others.
Spring series registration has passed. Details, including how to register, for the next series expected mid-summer.
(Please note: This series is also available as a private series for individuals, small groups and workplaces.)